- This event has passed.
Writing for the Web
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on May 27, 2017 at 9:00am
Web users have become experts at scrolling through text and scanning the articles that they read on the web. To adapt, our writing style has to separate itself from the standard form it takes in print, to attract and maintain the attention of readers on the internet. Because of this, writing for the web has become a specialised skill.
The following topics will be covered:
- Getting to Know the Web
- Web Writing Is Not The Same!
- Design and Structure
- It’s Work to Influence Others
- Tips on Creating a Site Hierarchy
- Designing the Site
- Menus, Links, and Buttons
- Creating Your Content
- Writing Eye-Catching Headlines
- Writing Content
- Writing Goals
- Deciding What’s Fit to Print
- What’s Getting Read?
- Reviewing and Planning
- Adding Audio and Video to Your Content
- Getting Your Content Noticed
- Standing out in Crowds
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Alternative Search
- Optimizing Keywords
- Balancing SEO and Word Stuffing
- Recommended Reading List
- Personal Action Plan
Included in this course is a workbook as well as tea, coffee and access to our exclusive Facebook group where you will be provided with ongoing access and support.
- A laptop
- Basic computer knowledge is assumed